Skin Immunology Research Center
Blegdamsvej 3B, 2200 København N, 07 Bygning 7, Building: 07-12-77
Born August 2, 1956.
Education and Academic Degrees
- 1982 Medical doctor (MD), University of Copenhagen (UC), Denmark.
- 1994 PhD in immunology, UC.
- 1995 DMSc in medicine/immunology, UC.
Employment and Positions
- 1982 - 1987 Resident and senior resident at medical, surgical and clinical immunological wards at University Hospitals in Copenhagen.
- 1987 - 1990 Research scholar supported by the Danish Medical Research Council and by the Academy of Science.
- 1990 - 1992 Senior research fellow supported by the Danish Cancer Society.
- 1992 - 2005 Associate professor in molecular immunology, UC.
- 2005 - Full professor in molecular immunology, UC.
Honorary Offices and Administration
- 1999 - 2005 Member of the Scientific Committee of the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- 2000 - 2006 Member/Chairman of the board of The Weimann Foundation.
- 2002 - 2006 Head of the Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology.
- 2006 - 2010 Research leader for Copenhagen Cluster of Immunology.
- 2007 - Head/Chairman of the Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology.
Referee at Cell, EMBO Journal, Journal of Immunology, PloSONE, Critical Reviews in Immunology, Blood, Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, International Immunology, Molecular Immunology, Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine and APMIS.
The immune system with focus on T cells. Structure and function of the T cell receptor. T cell receptor signalling. T cell development and activation. T cells and inflammation.
Author or co-author on more than 100 papers listed in PubMed
MD, PhD, DMSc.